Duplex and tumble not working

khiraly kalman khiraly123 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 9 14:53:11 PDT 2006

Hi!

Duplex and tumble printing not working from all application except openoffice.org.

Hardware: Kyocera FS1020D

The tumble option is not working. (duplex and tumble. My printer
(kyocera fs-1020d) does not turn the paper at the long edge it turn at
short edge does not matter if I check tumble option or not).

My printer always turn the page in duplex mode at the short edge. (not
matters the thumble checkbox)
File->print->[Mita-FS-1020D]->Settings: configure->Duplex[x], Tumble[x]

My printer works in openoffice.org 2.0.2 (so it can turn the page either
at short and long edge too).

Evince has this error message:
** (evince:4106): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
Model not found, discarding config

however the cupsys's lpr command does not work either (cupsys-bsd
package):
/usr/bin/lpr -P Mita-FS-1020D -o PageSize=A4,Duplex=DuplexTumble output.ps
/usr/bin/lpr -P Mita-FS-1020D -o PageSize=A4,Duplex=DuplexNoTumble output.ps

My printer prints exactly the same with the above two commands.

So acrobat reader cant print it either. Its really disappointing.
I cant print from linux.:-((

Question:
How can I EXACTLY dump, what is sended to the printer?

I have observed, that in the /var/spool/cups directory there are two file corresponding to the printed file:
c0000XX
d0000XX-001

The d0000XX-001 file (XX its a number), is a postscript file, and the c0000XX is some management file(?). The problem, is that the d0000XX-001 is exactly the same file, if I print a .ps file (no matter if I have setted DuplexTumble or DuplexNoTumble).
So I assume, that the c0000XX file is transfered too to the printer, am I wrong?

I want really hunt this bug, because its impossible to use my printer the right way (I have buyed this printer because of the duplex feature)

Any advice is really appreciated.