[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1766: cupsGetPPD() returns (NULL) for a queue, when only Unix domain socket (/var/run/cups/cups.sock) is listened for connections

Andrey evil-and at nm.ru
Fri Jun 9 16:55:06 PDT 2006

[STR New]

When i setup cups server for listening network and Unix Domain sockets,
cupsGetPPD() function creates a temporary file and returns it's name. But
once I disable all network sockets for listening in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf,
cupsGetPPD() returns NULL.

test cupsd server for reply:
$ lpstat -a
samsung accepting requests since Вск 09 Апр 2006 21:50:05

Simple test program:

#include <cups/cups.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
        char* fname=cupsGetPPD("samsung");
        fprintf(stderr,"ppdFile=%s\n", fname);
        return 0;
}

$ ./a.out

ppdFile=(null)

When I enable listening on network socket localhost:631, program returns a
string like:

ppdFile=/tmp/4489aca623c64