MASSIVE bug in 1.2.1

Peter merlin at th.if.uj.edu.pl
Wed Jun 21 07:06:35 PDT 2006

Hello Kurt,

> Hmm... I can't believe somebody who runs Debian and compiles
> packages on his own is so un-imaginative [..]

 woa! a lot of flame out there:)

> That should help you find the decisive hint how to enable that
> "format's" printing.

 the raw printing *is* enabled it allways was, basically nothing
changed (i am talking right now about binary distr) only
the upgrade to 1.2 from 1.1 turned the whole idea of a print
server useless, since the printing for us here refused to work.
 and it still does. simple upgrade, no greppig in sources up to now,
and i recive unsupported format error.
 as to build from sources, i still do not know what was wrong
with that, the only time i can check it is when i put all
the ptinters down and that can be done around midnight, on
saturday, preferably during christmas vacations, when not
more than a couple of people are trying to print something.
 any way thanx for reply. i still hold to it: 1.2.1 does not
work when installed from binary packages on debian. (for me)

 best regards
pg