[cups.development] notifiers and subscriptions

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Jun 22 01:15:20 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 07:06:16PM -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Jerome Alet wrote:
> >>Have your parser stop when it sees the IPP end tag...
> >
> >Of course, but detecting this tag is not possible without parsing
> >the datas, and this is why I encounter the problem I exposed
> >earlier.
>
> So parse until you get the end tag or EOF, and then stop - you have
> a complete message.

Sorry, maybe I didn't correctly expose the problem. I began talking
about parsing the request, but this has nothing to do with parsing,
only with reading it.

I try another way :

in subscriptions.c, sub->pipe seems to be closed only when a subscription
is deleted or when CUPS stops all notifiers.

is this normal ?

does this mean that a particular notifier is launched a single time and
will remain launched to process all the events until CUPS is stopped
or the subscription is deleted ?

at first glance I thought a notifier was launched each time a new
event appeared, processed a single event and exited.

bye,

Jerome Alet