web interface resolution

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jun 22 16:30:46 PDT 2006

Bernd Krumböck wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm working on the German translation. For which resolution the web
> interface should be optimized?
>
> At the moment I need a width of 1280 pixels for optimal display. But I think
> this is too high for other users (1024 would be a much better choice).
>
> Please also add a hint to the translation guide.

We don't optimize for a particular browser width - given that you
might be accessing the web interface from any of dozens of graphical
and text-based browsers, you can't make any assumptions about font
sizes or any other issues of the sort.

Just use the shortest translation that still makes sense, abbreviating
only as absolutely necessary.