client page size not passed to renderer

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Mar 1 06:55:36 PST 2006

> Can you somehow capture the data stream coming from the Windows XP box
> when printing to the HP CP1700 or Business Inkjet 1100 and also from one
> of the working printers? This way I have the chance to add an
> alternative method to retrieve the user-selected paper size in foomatic-rip.
>
>    Till
I'll try but the problem seems to be evolving without much input from me.
The cp1700 is now printing as it should. The bj1100 failed today only  about one time in 6 (whereas it failed consistently yesterday) with the same problem as noted in my first mail, the page size gets passed as 0's to the renderer. For the life of me I can't imagine what I've (as they all say) changed. This week I've been only gathering log files, and googling around for similar experiences. I could reproduce the problem at will on monday. Today I can't.
As an addition to my original email, the cp1700 on the older Samba/Cups server could only print A4. Using the "properties" button within an application (such as Adobe)  only returned a failure notice. This problem too is not 100% consistent throughout the office here. As yet this problem has not appeared on the new server.
Thanks for replying so quickly. I'll attempt to send (where?) a data stream as soon as I can find a client where I can install ethereal.