[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1459: printed page does not fit on paper when printing pdf

Florian Mickler florian at mickler.org
Fri Mar 3 13:18:49 PST 2006

[STR New]

When I print an pdf via cups the printed page does not fit on the paper.
I cannot tell how much is cut off, but it seems 1 or 2 cm at every side.

I have checked for wrong paperfomat setting ( /etc/cups/* .lpoptions and
gtklp (the frontend i use to print the pdf, but this also happens via
cmd-line lp)

i attached the error-log with debug2-setting. It seems that somehow on the
way through the filters the pdf-file is "updated" to Letter format, but
all my paper and the pdf is in a4.

it used to work very well but stopped working a few weeks ago...(or
months... can't tell)

could someone have a look at the debug-output and tell me what i have to
change?

thx in advance,

Florian

p.s. this also happens when i first convert the pdf to ps via pdftops
pdfinfo-output:
Title:          berechenbarkeit.dvi
Creator:        dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
Producer:       ESP Ghostscript 8.15
CreationDate:   Fri Dec  2 15:31:16 2005
ModDate:        Fri Dec  2 15:31:16 2005
Tagged:         no
Pages:          21
Encrypted:      no
Page size:      595 x 842 pts (A4)