[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1459: printed page does not fit onpaperwhen printing pdf

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Mar 4 10:11:08 PST 2006

Helge Blischke wrote:
> OTOH, the PS data get filtered by ESP-gs' cups device, and the gs commandline options
> include the option "-dNOMEDIAATTRS". Though I do not claim to have completely
> understood how this modifies the standard gs behaviour, I suspect that the /PageSize value
> from the input to gs is ignored and the default letter setting takes effect.

No, NOMEDIAATTRS actually enables the pagedevice stuff in Ghostscript,
otherwise they don't work.

However, if you see "8.15.0" as the version number, you have an old
pre-release version of ESP Ghostscript which has a page size bug.

(This prerelease version was never meant for release in a Linux
distro...)