[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1469: Pair authentication, Allow/Deny, Encryption with Port/SSLPort

Ryan Lovett bugs at spacecoaster.org
Thu Mar 9 05:12:42 PST 2006

[STR New]

I would like to configure cupsd to use no authentication on port 631 for
one network interface and to use authentication and encryption on a second
port for all other addresses.

Currently I have to run two cupsd instances; a normal one setup on port
631, and a second instance on another (SSLPort) port where each queue
forward jobs onto the non-secure cups instance. This requires a lot of
configuration overhead. (twice as many queues)

I suppose this feature is a bit like apache's virtualhosts.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1469
Version:  -feature