[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1471: Replacing xpdf2 derived backend of pdftops with poppler

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at netbsd.org
Thu Mar 9 13:08:50 PST 2006

[STR New]

CUPS currently uses xpdf2 derived code for pdftops, resulting in the
regular exploit-of-the-month. I've looked at replacing the shipped code
with poppler for pkgsrc and the result is attached. This needs some more
fixes in poppler code base to fully work, but should illustrate the
purpose.

I'm currently working on extracting the local changes in the cups/pdftops
for submittion to poppler, but I'd like to have feedback whether this is
of interest for the CUPS or not. The goal is the reduce the number of
packages affected bugs in the xpdf code base, thereby reducing the
maintainance overhead.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1471
Version:  -feature