RasterToEcpX Softweave Lower Quality

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Mar 10 03:32:06 PST 2006

                           Hello,

I'm using the RasterToEcpX code - with the 'stphoto.ppd' + the attributes from the sample 'r300-colorman.drv' - for Epson Stylus Photo R200.

Surprisingly, the softweaved output produces perceptibly worse results at 1440*1440 dpi than the microweaved one at its maximum 720*720 dpi.

There is the apparent crude pattern-jumble of rather large dots
and 'speckles' on the produced images.

Besides, it looks like it tends to print too many times over the same spot - virtually flooding paper with ink and blurring out the printed image - and gets only somewhat tolerable - but still blurred - at 0.3 ink limit.

Again the single-line microweaved output works fairly well with all other parameters just the same.

Hopefully, You could advise me what could be amiss here.

Anyways thanks in advance,

                          Andrew.