Unsuccessful "make"

Alvaro alvaro at udel.edu
Wed Mar 15 13:56:03 PST 2006

Hi there,

This is Alvaro Gonzalez, a total beginner to CUPS. I'm following the instructions of the book for installation. I first installed all the required libraries, but when trying to run the "make" part of CUPS installation, I ran into the next error:

Linking libcupsimage.2.dylib...
/usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lcc_dynamic
/usr/bin/libtool: file: -lcc_dynamic is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
make[1]: *** [libcupsimage.2.dylib] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Apparently the system is missing a file. Anyone has an idea as to where to look for this file, or how to solve this bug at all?

Thanks a lot!,

Alvaro.