[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1507: [patch] support for LP-S4500 and LP-S6500

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Fri Mar 24 05:15:48 PST 2006

[STR New]

We (EPSON AVASYS Corporation) have recently added information to the
linuxprinting.org foomatic database for the LP-S4500 and LP-S6500.
Shortly after, we were pointed out that the Ghostscript devices needed are
not included with ESP GS.  Attached is a patch that adds support for these
devices.

Furthermore, the patch merges the gdevesmv.c sources into gdevescv.c and
fixes several minor bugs in the latter file (and associated header file).

The patch was made against revision 131 of the svn repository and compiles
okay on SUSE 10.0.  The resulting ghostscript binary prints tiger.ps just
fine on the newly supported printers.

Hope this helps,

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1507
Version: 8.15-feature