[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1512: Authentification error adding printer

riopedre.tiscali riopedre at tiscali.es
Sat Mar 25 13:18:52 PST 2006

[STR New]

When you add a printer, the browser ask you for an username and a password.
If you enter an incorrect password, you obtain an error page. But if you
enter a valid username and password without administrative priviledges,
the browser waits for ever. The only way I have seen to exit this
situation, is stopping scheduler.

error_log file is full of messages like this:
E [25/Mar/2006:22:14:19 +0100] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized

access_log file is full of messages like this:
localhost - jpablo [25/Mar/2006:22:14:31 +0100] "POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1"
401 263
CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer successful-ok

Both files are growing until I stop the scheduler.

I'm using CUPS 1.2rc1 in FC4, installed from your own RPMs.
Tell me what you need to debug this problem.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1512
Version: 1.2-current