[cups.bugs] Cannot print to jetdirect port 9101 (Fedora Core5+cups-1.2-0.1.b2.3 + Gutenprint 5.0 Beta2)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Mar 26 05:56:24 PST 2006

Miles Lane wrote:
> When I load http://localhost:631/printers, the Cups admin page shows
> that my socket is defined as:  "socket://192.168.1.1:9101".  The Cups
> admin page also shows the Cups version as "CUPS v1.2svn".  Oddly, when
> I open gnome-cups-manager 0.31, it shows the port as 9100.  I should
> point out that is doesn't matter whether I try to print the test page
> from the gnome-print-manager or from the CUPS web admin interface.
> Both attempts use port 9100.

Strange - I just added a specific test case for your URI to the
testhttp program, which tests both httpSeparateURI and httpAssembleURI.
It got the correct port number.

> Nope.  I am running into this problem on a PC.  I have both Fedora Rawhide
> and Ubuntu Dapper + all updates.  I encounter this same failure on both
> distros.  I just reproduced the issue with:
>
>       cupsys         1.1.99.b1.r492

OK, what revision shows up in the web interface - that isn't our
version numbering, so you're using Debian's upstream package of
the 1.2 developer snapshots (which they track in their own repo)

> So, now what?  Any chance you could try to reproduce this problem?

I've tried, without success, to do just exactly that.  Everything
works for me with my multi-port print servers and the socket backend.