[cups.bugs] Re: [MOD] STR #1638: Web Interface: page "admin/?op=set-printer-options" doesn't display names

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed May 3 06:13:59 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 21:39, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Closed w/Resolution]
>
> Fixed in Subversion repository.
>
> The problem was a missing symlink for the charmaps directory. This
> directory provides the mapping from the PPD encoding to Unicode - when
> missing, it was unable to copy the UI text and left an empty string...

Ha!, that's why it didnt show the same bug in the script I've
been writing. That one uses a directory structure mirroring
exactly what is found in a default CUPS-1.2 installation (e.g.
/usr/local/etc/cups/*) and symlinking from there; that helped
me to forget nothing (or so I hope).  :-)

> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1638
> Version: 1.2rc3
> Fix Version: 1.2-current (r5484)

Thanks for the fix :-)