[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #1663: Unsupported format 'application/postscript' ( no commandtoepson ? )

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Mon May 8 05:21:57 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I just compiled cups-1.2 from svn-5498. I updated all configuration files
from the new version. I then started cups and went to the web interface.
It had detected my Epson R1800 connected via a USB cable. I added it, and
selected the current guten-print PPD.

The printer's main page says:

EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R1800_USB_1 "Filter "commandtoepson" for printer
"EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R1800_USB_1" not available: No such file or directory"

Printing a test page results in the error:
Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1663
Version: 1.2-current