[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1696: Vendor-provided .ppd does not work (Konica Minolta mc2450)

Frank hugelmopf at web.de
Tue May 16 15:45:45 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Konica Minolta provides a linux driver .ppd for its magicolor 2450
printer[0]:
http://printer.konicaminolta.com/support/current_printers/mc2450_sup.htm

When I use the CUPS webinterface to upload this .ppd, it results in CUPS
crashing (not being accessible on localhost:631 anymore) right after the
authentication dialog when I hit "Add Printer". I tried the same with a
different .ppd (ljet4 from linuxprinting.org) and it worked fine.

Since this same .ppd worked with CUPS version 1.1.23 included in Ubuntu
Breezy, I suppose it is a CUPS bug, and not a faulty .ppd?

More info (including a not too useful error_log) is available on Ubuntus
bugtracker:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/42035