Zebra 2844 vs. 2824 USB EPL 2 Issue

ts at eesco.com ts at eesco.com
Fri May 19 07:41:35 PDT 2006

I have two zebra label printers, one is a 2844, and works great with CUPS 1.2rc3 by selecting Zebra - EPL 2 ppd, the other is a 2824 which is supposed to be almost identical, and is also an EPL 2 page mode printer (I have cheked the firmware and settings look basically the same) and it does not work.   It recognizes the printer, tries spooling the job, but stops at a pretty consistent place - for example 31% every time.  I have tried all kinds of variations, and nothing works, it just stops, no error message, just sits at 31% forever sending the job to the printer.

Any ideas?