[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1707: unable to print to tcp printer hp3920

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon May 22 02:44:09 PDT 2006

Hello,

On May 19 08:14 Paul Fletcher wrote (shortened):
> I downloaded the code for a HP3920 printer and installed this and the
> latest version of CUPS. When I configure the printer through YAST it
> suucessfuly send a test page to the printer then it tries to start the
> cups server, seems to get just before 100% then fails.

I cannot guess why YaST fails to re-start the cupsd but it might
simply not work with your "latest version of CUPS" (whatever
this means).

If you use software packages which you did not get from
our official software sources (our CDs or DVDs or our
official software updates) and/or if you use self-compiled
software, we normally do not provide support for such software.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de