[cups.development] Re: Backchannel usage

Josh Mathis josh.m at swecoinus.com
Mon May 22 13:04:33 PDT 2006

Matt Anderson wrote:
> Josh Mathis wrote:
>> So this raises two questions - why does the parallel backend not get
>> anything at all back, and why does the USB get the return data too late?
>
> This is more of an "is it plugged in?" thing, but have you verified that
> the parallel port is setup for bi-directional communication?
>
> -matt

Being in tech support, I have to ask those questions too. :)

But yes, it is set up this way. I have another application which just
does status requesting and reading with direct write/read on the port,
and that works just fine. Permissions are also ok - I gave the cupsys
group full rights on the parallel port.

/Josh