Problem with remote printing through a two ethernet card machine to a local subnet

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu May 25 07:36:24 PDT 2006

Sorry, I posted this as a bug too early.  I just figured out the solution.

For a two ethernet card to be able to broadcast locally and remotely a pritner attached to one of the machines inside the local network must be set up not only on the local machine, but also on the gateway machine.

This configuration allows cups to braodcast the information remotely as well as locally.

I would suggest that this configuration be documented in your "How To's" for others that are trying to do the same thing.

Thanks for developing such wonderful software!!!!!!!!

Greg Ennis