CUPS API: subscribe event

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon May 29 14:14:09 PDT 2006

Rytis wrote:
> Sorry i forgot to mention that :P I need a job event. job-completed
> actually. It would be great help if you could give me a simple
> example how it's done.

Add a notify-recipient or notify-pull-method attribute/option to
your print job request.  For ippget notifications, you'll want to
send the notify-pull-method attribute (IPP_TAG_KEYWORD) with a
value of "ippget".  For email notifications, you'll want to send
the notify-recipient attribute (IPP_TAG_URI) with a value of
"mailto:username at domain.com", where "username at domain.com" is your
email address.

If you can provide the code you currently use to submit a job and
the type of notifications you want to get, I can provide the changes
needed...

> P.S. The forum isn't ergonomic. And thats it, it is had to use and
> it's not flexibe. Look and phpBB powerded forums (i.e.
> forums.gentoo.org) IMHO that's how forum should look like.

So you want a topic-based forum...  That's not something we are
interested in providing - they tend to be too structured and you
always end up with posts to the wrong topic.  Also, we don't have
the resources to moderate things, either...

I'm sure you can start a CUPS/printing forum on Gentoo's pages if
you like...