[cups.development] Re: CUPS API: subscribe event

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Tue May 30 07:36:05 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:45:51AM -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Jerome Alet wrote:
> >
> >Michael, maybe you could make the cups' mailing lists be archived
> >on www.gmane.org
> >
> >This would make reading or searching the archives much more easy,
> >and would allow people to read them through a newsreader if they
> >want.
>
> Um, first, I think they already are - I know the FLTK groups are, and
> they are hosted on the same server...

Sorry, I searched before posting but didn't find anything on
www.gmane.org related to CUPS, and now I've just noticed that
arbitrary wildcard searches are not supported...

I've finally found them now in gmane.comp.printing.cups.*

> Second, the mailing list, on-line forum, and newsgroups all come from
> the same server.  GNU Mailman is used to manage the mailing lists and
> newsd is used for the news server - the web site has a custom NNTP
> frontend for viewing and posting directly to the newsgroups.  You'll
> find the appropriate links and documentation for this right on the
> main forums page... :)

Maybe you should add this info on each forum's page too, because
I see it only on the "All Forums" page.

bye, and thanks for the informations

Jerome Alet