[cups.bugs] Fedora Core 5 CUPS upgrade killed CUPS

MICHALSKI, MICHALSKI,
Wed May 31 13:19:21 PDT 2006

I sure wish my copy still worked.  I also did a yum update.  However, since
I updated to the v1.2.x, I have been unable to print.

Also, do you know how to search the bugs on the cups site?  Every time I
search for something, say "fedora", I ALWAYS get 0 results?!  Does the
search engine default to something that I should change?

Thanks!
Brent

-----Original Message-----
From: Hin-Tak Leung [mailto:hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:59 PM
To: Mirror of cups.bugs Newsgroup; MICHALSKI, JAMES BRENT
[AG-Contractor/1000]
Subject: Re: [cups.bugs] Fedora Core 5 CUPS upgrade killed CUPS

I am on Fedora Core 5 as well (x86_64), using cups 1.2.1,
also with selinux disabled ages ago, and it works just fine. My cups
came from "yum update". (and Tim Waugh or whoever at Redhat maintaining
it did a good job).

Brent Michalski wrote:
> I recently upgraded my CUPS to the latest version.  I am on a Fedora Core
5
> box with SELinux DIS-abled.
>
> CUPS seems to start fine, but that is all it does.  I cannot connect to
the
> web interface, or the Fedora GUI tools.
>
> The only thing that shows up in the error_log that looks useful is this:
>
> Unable to set ACLs on root certificate "/var/run/cups/certs/0" - Operation
> not supported
>
> I have gone through my cups.conf file and see nothing that would turn this
> sort of authentication on.
>
> This is a repeatable, fatal bug.

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.