User-ID rejected

Michaell to at michaell.dk
Wed Nov 1 03:20:23 PST 2006

Help! CUPS refuses my password, but first to the beginning. I have recently bought a HP Photosmart 3210, connected it by USB 2.0 and installed HPLIP and Foomatic by the Synaptic Package Manager.
>From the menu System/Administration/Printing, when the printer window appears I can select the PhotoSmart 3200 and edit the proporties, but some program changes the printer Connection from local to network, when I change it back again it starts printing again.
 The next problem comes when I open the System/Administration/HPLIP toolbox, The CUPS web  interface(http://localhost:631/admin) seems to function ok, but when I try to update - it asks for my userid and password - and worse it will not accept my userid and when I cancel a “401 Unauthorized” is displayed. I wish to use the printer locally as USB 2.0 runs the doubble speed of the network.

Michaell Falke Thereme