[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2067: CUPS and copies

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Nov 7 07:49:30 PST 2006

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE
LINK BELOW.

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

The other people reporting problems (related to STR #1933) are using CUPS
1.2.x, which handles printing differently (backend runs for all files in a
job, not just one...)

Copy generation is normally done by the backend for raw jobs, but when
printing from Windows the Windows driver does the copy generation. If the
Windows driver isn't doing this, and if collation does not make a
difference (it definitely should, since that will send N times as much
data to be printed), then you are running into a Windows driver issue.

I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do to help you here; it isn't a
bug in CUPS, and we don't provide general support via the STR page.

Feel free to continue this discussion on cups.general...

Fix Version: None