OS/2 port of CUPS

Paul Smedley paul at smedley.info
Wed Nov 8 02:03:00 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm working on an OS/2 port of CUPS.

Currently, I have printing to postscript printers over lpd working
perfectly to my Laserjet 4M.

I'm now trying to get printing working in PCL mode, so have setup the
laserjet 4M with laserjet.ppd.

I have two problems in pcl mode:

1st - printing .txt or .ps files I get rastertohp exiting with status 1
after pstoraster exits with no errors.  Should pstoraster output debug
messages when debug or debug2 logging is enabled? I see debug from
texttops for eg, but nothing from pstoraster.

2nd - secondly, printing a .png ends up with only the top 4cm or so of
the page printing, with a very thin line of text at the bottom of the
page, the remainder of the page is white, except for an a with a caret
(ie ^ above it) in the lower RH corner.

Any ideas? So far the patches for OS/2 support are pretty minor.

Cheers,

Paul.