[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #2096: /usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertogutenprint.5.0 failed

John Woodrow johnwoodrow at goldendustman.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 05:46:24 PST 2006

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE
LINK BELOW.

[STR New]

Despite entry above, I'm actually on version 1.2.6, but that does not
appear in the drop down menu on this web page.

Running MacOS 10.4.8 and an Epson Stylus Photo 750 (USB) printer.

No printing has worked since I installed CUPS 1.2 (originally 1.2.4, but
now upgraded to 1.2.6, the latest stable release)

I have tried 'Add Printer' many times, choosing, in turn, all the drivers
for my printer that I was presented with. None work. I have tried
installing GutenPrint - no joy.

Sometimes it just hangs before sending anything to the printer. Sometimes
I get the error message:
 /usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertogutenprint.5.0 failed

To print at all, I have to reboot from a different partition on my drive
which has OsX 10.4.8 and CUPS 1.1 installed!