[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2099: 'lp -n2' only prints one copy

twaugh.redhat twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 04:49:21 PST 2006

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE
LINK BELOW.

[STR New]

Printing the CUPS test page (or any other PS document I've tried) like
this:

lp -n2 file.ps

only causes one copy to be printed.  I have seen this with:

Epson Stylus Color 760 with Foomatic gimp-print-ijs driver
Epson Stylus Color 760 with CUPS gutenprint-ijs driver
HP PSC 2210 with Foomatic hpijs driver

The pstops filter's output seems to have

%%Requirements: numcopies(2)
%RBINumCopies: 2

before the prolog.  I am using ESP Ghostscript 8.15.2.