[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2108: Add support for pre-filters

jlovell.apple jlovell at apple.com
Sat Nov 18 22:39:47 PST 2006

I thought there was an existing STR requesting this feature but I can't
find it at the moment...

The printer vendors are asking for a way to have a "pre-filter" run before
a given filter thus allowing them access to things like image data for
enhacement. The attached patch adds support for a "cupsPreFilter" ppd
keyword to implement this.

Comments?

Thanks!

P.S. this is:
 <rdar://problem/3505372> CUPS raster drivers need equivalent of
ImageAccess (or better) = prefilters

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2108
Version: 1.3-feature