Filter/Backend

Luis Lobo ellobo at ipb.pt
Wed Nov 22 03:03:01 PST 2006

Hi!

I've started a project for an integrated printing solution at the company I'm working at.

The big idea is to provide a virtual printer where jobs are posted.

The Job is routed to a custom filter for accounting before it goes to the real backend.

After that the user goes to a printer equiped with a card reader and gets a list of job(s) for his account, if the job is compatible with the printer, it is printed, otherwise a warning is shown.

I've figured out a topology for the solution, but still have a doubt.
After the Job is passed to my filter, is it possible to 'suspend' it until the user requests printing?
How do I resume the printing process so the job gets delivered to the real backend ?

Sorry if the english is not very clear... :P

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
LL