[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2119: configure search directories for shared libraries

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Thu Nov 23 00:45:00 PST 2006

Maybe my descriptions was not precise enough (I'm sorry for this).

HP-UX linker doesn't support multiple +b (similar -rpath in GNU) options! I
did several tests which shows that only the last +b option is used. But the
last +b option is more or less hard coded in configure (setting LDFLAGS
can't avoid this, because it is inserted before and not after).

I tried several ways and options, but it seems the only way is to modify the
configure script.

There are two ways:
*) add a configureable parameter for this
*) automatically create a colon separated list of all used
(--with-ldap-libs, --with-XX-libs, ...) library paths

Maybe this feature is not important enough?

regards!
Bernd