[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1674: HTTP proxy support without encryption

Tim O'Donovan tim.odonovan at ucc.ie
Tue Oct 3 06:32:40 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Can this be upgraded as a bug rather than a feature request?  It should be
trivial to add http proxy support to cups.

This is causing a big problem for me.  We have a private wireless network
10.x.x.x with proxied http access only - and all our printers are on a
fixed LAN with real IP addresses. Cups tries to print direct to the
printer every time.  The windows printing system works fine with this
set-up.

A solution is to open ports or create whitelists for the printers for the
wireless VLAN, but our network admin guys do not want to do this.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1674
Version:  -feature