[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2022: "Set Printer Options" => "Error: Not Found"

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 02:57:58 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I updated from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 on our Solaris print server yesterday
morning, copying in the old cupsd.conf and printers.conf files and my set
of PPD files before I started the new cupsd. Now all my printers give the
error message "Error: Not Found" when I press "Set Printer Options" for
any of them on my (restarted) web browser "Printers" page (as superuser).

A work-around is to "Modify Printer" and accept everything offered, but
this is a pain for tens and tens of printers. (Ok, I suppose I could write
a script using lpadmin(1) somehow.) Also, when "Modify Printer" offers me
the "Set Printer Options" page, the settings have apparently reverted to
the `factory default', which causes the further pain of having to
reconfigure everything. However, such a reconfiguration does at least
persist!

John A. Murdie