[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2030: Settings of network-wide defaults for CUPS-specific options are not reflected in client GUIs

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 02:59:20 PDT 2006

[STR New]

If I set a network-wide default for a CUPS-specific option (not PPD option)
for example with

lpadmin -p PDF -o scaling-default=100

the setting is correctly obeyed when I print (in this case an image is fit
into the page), but the default setting is not reflected in GUIs.

When I do

xpp -P PDF file.jpg

or

kprinter -P PDF file.jpg

and then click on "Options" resp. "Properties" the seeting for the image
scaling is still shown as "Default" resp. "Natural image size" and not as
"100%". So it seems that the CUPS daemon respects the defaults when
calling its filter chain but not when telling to the client which option
defaults are set on the server.

Also "lpoptions -p PDF -l" or "lpoptions -p PDF" does not show the changed
default setting for "scaling".

The problem seems to occur for all CUPS-specific options (I tried also
with "fitplot".

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2030
Version: 1.2-current