cupsBackChannelWrite purpose?

albert kennis a_kennis at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 22:48:24 PDT 2006

I would like to know who the intended client of the cupsBackChannel is.  I can see from the read_thread function in usb-darwin.c that data is being blindly read in from the printer and written out accross this channel.  What is not obvious is who and how this data is being consumed.

Unfortunately our printer devices are misbehaving when usb bulk read requests are interleaved with usb bulk write requests.

Is there any way to wholly disable this behaviour?

Thank you,

Albert Kennis