[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1924: Sanitized URIs in GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 5 11:49:09 PDT 2007

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

This was changed specifically to address security concerns from Linux
vendors like Red Hat. Also, we are pushing for all backends that use
authentication to use the CUPS-provided auth-info in 1.2 and 1.3, and/or
the Kerberos credentials provided in 1.3 - that would eliminate the need
for hard-coded username:password data entirely.

In any case, we will not be adding a way to get the original device URI to
CUPS. It doesn't make sense from a security standpoint or from a user
standpoint, since the future is not with hardcoded user auth data.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1924
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: Will Not Fix