Jobs print, but very slowly

Jim Petersen jpeter20 at peoplepc.com
Thu Apr 5 20:27:56 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I used to successfully run CUPS on a Debian system with a 2.4 kernel.  Since I upgraded to Debian with a 2.6 kernel (through a fresh install of Debian), whenever I print anything to my Panasonic dot matrix printer KX-P2023 on LPT1:, even a CUPS test page, the printing is VERY slow.  It takes about 1 hour to print one page.  As a test, I tried installing another printer through CUPS on the same port, an HP Deskjet 610CL, but the same symptoms occur.  System monitoring (through xosview) shows no CPU usage of any consequence, so I'm not sure what's happening.  /var/log/messages shows nothing unusual.

I just upgraded to the latest Debian 2.6.18 kernel, but no difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated!  Thanks.

--
Jim Petersen