HP network printer multiple copies

Ward De Backer wdb at scarlet.be
Mon Apr 16 04:00:43 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've configured a Linux CUPS printer server (version 1.2.8) with Samba. Three network printers are configured on this server (two Brother 6050's and one HP Offijet Pro K850). The clients are Windows XP. CUPS is configured to print in RAW mode, the printer drivers are installed by automatic download from the CUPS server on the XP clients. The only thing the CUPS server has to do is spooling the raw printer files to the printers.

Everything is working fine except when you try to print multiple copies of a document on the HP Officejet.

The strange thing is that printing multiple copies on the Brother printers is working fine, but on the HP Officejet, the multiple copies option is greyed out on the Windows XP clients and don't work even when you type in the number of copies in the number of copies edit box.

I saw on this forum that this seems to be a rather common problem, but how can I solve it? I already contacted HP, installed their latest Windows XP PCL driver and even upgraded the printers firmware to the latest version.

Maybe someone has any ideas or encountered the same problem?
Thanks in advance!

Ward