Preview Print Jobs (get job from server?)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Apr 19 17:22:34 PDT 2007

Ken Tanzer wrote:
> Just wondering if you found anything out about this?  Alternatively,
> any suggestions about how we could diagnose or work around the issue?

Sorry, yes, the PHP (and Java, Python, and Perl) paths were broken.

See the patch attached to STR #2342:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2342

>> Right - all of the (static) HTML content and associated images are
>> in /usr/share/cups/doc, while the CGI programs (the ones that CUPS
>> runs in response to special URLs) are in /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin.
>
> On my (Fedora) system, all these files live in /usr/share/doc/cups.
> There is a /usr/share/cups/doc pointing to this directory.  This
> seems backwards, and contributed to my confusion!

Sorry, my bad.  /usr/share/doc/cups is the correct directory.  We
don't ship any symlinks to there, however, so you're probably seeing
a Red Hat customization.

> Even within /usr/share/cups, though, it seems odd to put the static
> content in a "doc" directory.  For example, I would have expected to
> see the images in a /usr/share/cups/images, or maybe
> /usr/share/cups/html directory.

Well, for the most part it *is* documentation - it just so happens
that we serve it up via cupsd, too.