[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2355: no print job when banners are enabled

Warwick Brown warwick.x.brown at serco.com
Tue Apr 24 00:13:05 PDT 2007

OS: AIX 5.3.0.30
CUPS Version: 1.3svn-r6197

Jobs fail to print when banners are enabled for CUPS on AIX.

I am printing from within Oracle Financials, printing both plain-text
(often with embedded PCL commands), and PostScript; but when I enable
banners for any of the printers, the banner gets printed but not the
actual print job.

Conversely, once the banners are switched off, the print job comes through
again.

I did try converting the PCL commands into lp options, but while this
restored previous print behaviours, it still didn't resolve the banners
issue.

This wouldn't be much of a problem to a single user, but gets tedious when
many people are sifting through lots of other peoples prints on the
network printer on a regular basis.

I have attached a tarball of my cups config directory for the given
system.

Many thanks in advance

Warwick Brown

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2355