Preview Print Jobs (get job from server?)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Apr 24 11:36:52 PDT 2007

Ken Tanzer wrote:
> a) While I completely understand where you're coming from, it's an
> unfortunate situation, since almost all users run distributions, and
> therefore not vanilla software versions.  It just seems to limit the
> amount of testing and feedback help you'll get from us users.

Yeah, it's unfortunately that the distros feel the need to change
software incompatibly, but it does happen...

> b) While (a) is a more general comment (and probably applies to lots
> of software), in this particular case I further wonder if you have
> been able to successfully generate correct PHP output from other
> scripts?  If so, it would seem more reasonable to go through the
> extra steps on my end.  If I do that, though, and the problem
> persists, then you're _still_ going to verify it yourself by running
> some kind of test script.  So while I'll still understand where
> you're coming from, I will probably feel like I've been put through a
> pointless exercise.  (Or, as soon as I say this, the problem will in
> fact turn out Fedora-specific! :) ).

I've been testing with a simple PHP script:

     <?php

     print("<p>Hello, world!</p>\n");

     print("<pre>");
     system("env");
     print("</pre>\n");

     ?>

Yours doesn't look much more complex, but if the above does not
work for you with the patched CUPS, try the current SVN code.