[RFE] STR #2261: extend API to add streamingprint function cupsPrintStream

mike dizaemon at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:51:12 PDT 2007

> currently, cupsPrintFile() is the only method of submitting a print job via
> the convenience functions provided by the API.  cupsPrintFile() expects to
> be given the name of the file, then cupsPrintFile() opens and reads the
> file.
>
> a streaming version of this function utilizing chunked transfer encoding
> would be a universally welcome addition to the API.
>
> attached is a patch against cups-1.2 svn as of 2006-02-23 implementing
> cupsPrintStream(), just such a streaming print function.

regarding STR #2261: was wondering when this feature might be pushed to the active development branch.  it appears to be very much stable in my version of cups-1.2.  i understand that cups-1.2 is not being actively developed anymore (which rather stinks for me, as i really need this feature).

if i need to recreate the patch against 1.3, please let me know.  i'd be happy to do so.  i've done all the leg work here.  it's not a particularly intrusive patch, so i don't see any reason for it not to be pushed to trunk.

-mike