[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2491: Job files created without permission for CUPS user to read.

Steve Wilson stevew at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 24 13:39:34 PDT 2007

Job files created in the spool directory are owned by root and have a
permission mode of 0600 so that they can't be read by the CUPS user.

The CUPS server is running Ubuntu 2.6.15-23-server.
I built CUPS with the following configuration:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-pdftops --enable-raw-printing
--with-logdir=/var/log/cups

In order to get this to work for me, I modified scheduler/job.c at line
1448 as follows:
  // fchmod(cupsFileNumber(fp), 0600);
  // SMW 2007-08-23: To get around a "permission denied" error.
  fchmod(cupsFileNumber(fp), 0640);
so job files are created with mode 0640 instead of 0600.