[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2494: Print document cancelled when printer runs out of paper

Matías A. Torres torresmat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 06:14:00 PDT 2007

Let's say that my printer is printing something, and it runs out of paper
(or never had any) the job is cancelled, not paused as it used to.

I have an Epson Stylus Color 400 printer (also happens in 600:
http://linux.org.ar/pipermail/lugar-gral/2004-May/021981.html) running in
Ubuntu but I've got the feeling that it is distribution independent (In
debian and in lots of version of ubuntu this happens).

When I say "Not paused as it used to" i mean that some time in the past,
this didn't used to happen. I'm having this problem for a while and I
haven't been able to find a solution for this.

Contents of /var/log/cups/error_log:

E [26/Aug/2007:14:57:06 -0300] [Job 28] Unable to send print file to
printer: No space left on device

Is there a fix for this?