Missing en translation

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Dec 2 21:43:36 PST 2007

ronaly agdeppa wrote:
> Does this mean we no longer have to expect en translation anymore?

While "en" might be listed in cupsLanguages, cupstestppd shouldn't
error out about that lack of "en" attributes, since English is the
base translation.

> If that is the case, it would add another problem for me.
> Default Language Encoding for English is ISOLatin1.
> TM (trademark sign) is not supported in ISOLatin1 so it would not be able to display that sign in the pde.
> But when I tried adding en translation in the ppd for that
 > particular string, it displays fine, maybe because it is treated
 > as UTF-8 already.

ppdLocalize() doesn't special-case the "en" locale - if translation
attributes exist for "en", they will be used and will be UTF-8 like
any other translation.