xerox 3500 ppd error?

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Wed Dec 5 09:29:37 PST 2007

edgardo jawerbaum wrote:

> hi, i have 2 models of printers, xerox phaser 3500 and 4500 and openSUSE
> The 4500 installs OK, but the 3500 is not installing.
> When i check the xrx3500.ppd in your site it says
> xrx3500.ppd: FAIL
>       **FAIL**  Unable to open PPD file - Missing asterisk in column 1 on
>       line 188.
>                 REF: Page 15, section 3.2.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks, Edgardo
You do not say what OS your using. If its Windows or Mac look at this site,
there may be a driver there:

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=3500&Xlang
=en_US&Xcntry=USA&source=XOG (DO NOT WRAP THIS LINE)

It does not appear that a Linux PPD is available. I do see a xrx3500 ppd in
the Xerox Linux Cups Package. You may want to compare it to the one you
have by downloading the package:

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xlang=en_US&XCntry=USA&
prodID=6120&ripId=&Xtype=download (DO NOT WRAP THIS LINE)

line 185 thru 190 from ppd that Xerox has.
*OpenUI *OutputMode/Print Quality: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 50 AnySetup *OutputMode
*DefaultOutputMode: 600dpi
;*OutputMode 300dpi/300 dpi: "<</HWResolution [300
300] /PostRenderingEnhance false>> setpagedevice"
;*End
--
Russ
Registered Linux user #441463