[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2627: Duplex not working when (hardware)Collate is on

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:18:36 PST 2007

The "Collate" option is marked as "AnySetup", so it is allowed in the
page setup and page overrides are allowed for this option (does not make
much sense), but the option is also allowed in the document setup
section of the PostScript file.

 From the CUPS side I suggest putting all "AnySetup" options into the
document setup as long as there are no page overrides (AFAIR pstops does
not support page overrides).

 From the PPD side I would mark "Collate" as "DocumentSetup" or
"Prolog", as page overrides do not make sense for this option. Then the
option will never go into the page setup sections, even if the printing
system supports page overrides and the user specifies "Collate" for
selected pages (he should get an error message then).

    Till