no usb DeviceURI for Canon ip4200

Steffen steffen.scheuring at gmx.net
Thu Dec 27 01:34:02 PST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to get my printer (Canon Pixma ip4200) work. I am using cups version 1.3.5 and 1.2.12 before.

I can not use a DeviceURI like this:  usb://canon/ip4200 or usb://dev/usb/lp0

I have to use this DeviceURI: file:/dev/usb/lp0
otherwise I get this message:
"TurboPrint: printing page 1, 15% complete..."
"Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."

I read in some forums that the bug in cups causing this error is closed. But it seems not to be. Can anyone confirm this and/or tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanx
menschmeier